Tuesday, January 11, 2011

About Me


I’m Renee, I’m 20 years old and I am currently a student at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT). At RIT, I am in my third year studying Advertising and Public Relations. I originally started this blog as part of one of my classes, but hope to become inspired by experimenting with new recipes.

I have always loved sweets and have a particular sweet tooth for anything chocolate. I love to bake, but have never done anything professionally. To me, it is more of something fun and relaxing to do. When baking, I typically stick to the easy stuff like cookies and cakes. However, with this blog I hope to branch out and try different and challenging recipes.

I grew up with a close family who loved to cook and bake, which is where I got inspiration to create this blog. My family has always loved food, lots of food. I grew up in the same house for 20 years with my parents and two sisters. Our kitchen was always the center of our house. Whenever friends or family came to visit, it seemed like everyone gathered around the food.

One thing about my kitchen that I have always treasured is a ceramic tile hanging on the wall saying, “Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first,” by Ernestine Ulmer.  I can say that I have used this quote as justification over the past few years for overindulging numerous times. I hope that you also take this quote as inspiration and seek to never regret overindulgence.

Recipes are always welcome!

Enjoy J

No comments:

Post a Comment